Pages

January 11, 2010

旧事已过 生命改变

This post is of recalling, of reminiscing the happenings of 2009. I had just been so emo these days, for no reason. I don't like to talk, most of the times, keeping silence, living in the own world. I ain't understand too. Sigh. I wanted to write it in Chinese, but thinking of it may take up quite a length of time, finally decided to type in English.

2009 was a great year. It was loaded with lots of happenings. It was a year experiencing lots of new things. It was a year meeting lots of new people. It was a year involving in lots of things. It was a year lots of happy things happened. It was a year lots of sad things happened.

Its January was an ordinary month, when the SPM had just passed. It was a month of relaxing, a month staying at home, helping out my mum in house chores. February, the month when I went to Form 6 in SHS. It was a great memory, though it was just a month of staying. The memory of chatting in the class, the memory of playing squash after school, the memory of playing around in the school. I cherished a lot the time shared with friends. And, February, it was Chinese New Year period. A great Chinese New Year celebration, where I just seemed to be busy every single day of it.

After that, it was March. March had been a packed month. It was when we had lots and lots of outings, gatherings. The result of SPM was out. The result of my National Service was out. I cried over my SPM's result, although it's kind of good, I cried badly, on the spot. I just couldn't control. And when Evon hugged me, my tears just burst out, cried so badly. I recovered from it very soon. After the good cry, everything went on. After all, nothing could be changed by mourning. And there were all sorts of applying after that. And, on the 19th, I went for my NS. I left home, went on the plane, across the sea, headed to my destination- Paya Indah Camp, in Banting, Selangor.

It was the three months of superb experience. I met a lot of new friends there, who I really missed a lot now. I missed the moments we shared. I missed when we ate together, I missed when we bathed together, I missed when we talked together, I missed when we laughed together, I missed when we cried together, I missed when we were busy finding excuses to skip the marching training, I missed when we did everything together. I experienced lots of new things there, which were actually great. It was my first experience of gun-shooting, which was too bad that I got only 14 points out of 100 points. It was my first experience of Kayak-ing. It was fun. It was the first experience of doing Flying Fox. It was a super duper great experience! It was also the first time of camping and sleeping in the tent with friends, and when we were sucked up by mosquitoes. Hah!

And just unsoundly, three months flew. I remembered we had been crying so badly in realizing the fact of departing. We just didn't want to let go of each others. But what, it's life. Eventually, it all ended when I was finally home on 8th June 2009. Oh yea, before forgetting, I had actually went for the JPA's interview on 1st April. I could have done the interview at Selangor, but then I didn't bring along my documents, and so, I had actually flew back to Sibu for a period of three days to settle the things. Now, I guess, it worths!

Alright, let's catch back to June. It was the time when I knew I got the JPA Scholarship. Owh, thanks God! I had done lots of preparations, and once again, bid goodbye to Sibu, and came to Shah Alam with a few of friends. And then, the first semester went on. I was in Austin for the semester, and now, I had actually missed Austin a lot.

The semester began on July, and ended on October. It was a great time, indeed. It was the time we strived for excellence. It was the time we shared lots of moments together. It was the time we played too much. It was the time we fooled around a lot and a lot. Of course, lots of things happened too, of the happy ones, and of the sorrow ones. Too much things went on, where most of them were liked, out of the expectancy. I didn't expect I could be intimate with certain peeps, and couldn't imagine there were so much pains gained from the other particular people. Throughout the days, I knew what's truth. I knew who were friends, who were enemies. After all, it went back to the same all things. It's what we called, compatibility.

The months went on. We had had much and much of outings. We had played around much. I went back to the beloved Sibu in between. I cried a lot throughout the days. I remembered a friend once said, tears is precious, don't let it flow easily. The shedding should be kind of deserved. But, on and on, the pain went on. And the best way of recovering, is crying, is letting the tears flow, until you feel ceasing, and that's the time you're healed. Let go of them; said is easy man.

Well, I went to a great church for those months staying in Shah Alam. It's ECA. There was where I sought for love, hope, warmth, comfort. I need to thank God for His arrangements that I could go to the church, which brought me a lot of strength when I was down. It was there also, I met a lot of great brothers and sisters. Gradually, I joined Oikos, the cell group. It was another great thing, which my spiritual life could be strengthen, and be upgraded. Saturdays' evenings, I would go to Subang ECA, where we had a service there. And, Sundays' mornings, we went to KL ECA, which is situated at Cheras. The pastors are great, so do the leaders, the shepherds, and basically, everyone. I cherished my time there, indeed.

November and December, were my holidays, my final break after the semester. I went back to Sibu, and had an excellent time, lusting at home. Mostly, hung out with friends, and some former teachers. And watched tons of movies, dramas. Yet, another grand thing was, the car-learning. I would say, the process of practicing was terrible. You just had to bear with the teacher, listening to his/her endless comments either you did things correct or wrong. After the few weeks of pain-killing-practice-sessions, I eventually had my test. And, it was great that I could have finally announced that I was a legal driver. The test was frightening, indeed; but the butterflies in stomach vanished once you had known that you passed. That was exactly what I experienced. In that sense also, thanks God for guiding me all over the way, and all the things went smooth under His guidance.

2009 crept to its end finally. The last days were passed with great Christmas celebration, and also the shopping, and the counting down for 2010. And it finally ended when Sharon and I counted down together via MSN on the 31st December 2009. And it really ended when lots of blessings for a new year been sent around. 2009 ended. 2010 started. It's late, but still, sincerely, wishing all a really prosperous year in 2010!

*This is a really late post* :D

No comments:

Post a Comment