Pages

November 27, 2009

You are in my mind!

Although you are not by my side
you are in my mind

I saw this verse at a friend's Facebook. I find it a meaningful phrase, sort of expressive one which can reveal one's feeling just nicely. A simple sentence, but with its deep meaning; it just shines in the center of spotlight, it just appears to be so a beautiful sentence!

This is especially dedicated to all of those far-away friends. Ha ha. Indeed, you are not by my side, but, you are in my mind! Well, I would, once again, mention this old little thingy. Compatibility. Some friends, even though they are by my side, cruelly to say, they are not in my mind. Why? I had tried also, but the result was still the same. If they have been not true friends of us, who have actually not being, at least a bit contributive to the friendship which is just so a simple one; while, in contrary, they have been some sort of commercialize the bond of friends, with the aim of getting some benefits on behalf of their owns. How would you keep them in your mind?

However, I am grateful enough for I have actually not have too many of such kind of friends. My friends are, mostly, true friends of mine. I appreciate them. I love them. Indeed, most of us had been apart from each others after Form 5, for capturing own dreams. Most of us left this land as well. And now, we are actually all over the country, some have been out of this country too. We have no longer had the time of seeing each other everyday. This has been replaced by the usage of digital stuff, the usage of technology. Thanks to the technology, we can still have the means to keep contact with one another. But, still, that is not real enough; that's just virtue which still can't substitute the real feelings, and which still can't cease the feeling of missing each other.

Well, besides those secondary school's friends. The verse is also dedicated to my friends in National Service. The three months of serving the country is a worth of those valuable friends. Truly, we shared the three months time together; ate together, drank together, slept together, bathed together, laughed together, cried together, marched together, exercised together, crazy-ed together. That was memorable, unforgettable! I really miss all of you. We started from not knowing one another, and when the time of first leaving home where most of us missed family badly, until we got to know each other, and built up our strong bonds of friendships, and on the last day, we were so sad, crying for the leaving of each other, when we didn't want to let go of one another, when we claimed we still wanted to stay in the camp. Ouh. Those moments were so precious.

I would like to say, the verse mentioned above is not purposely for friends. I have thought on it over family as well. I am now having holidays at home, so, my family members are by my side. But, I am referring, say, when I was not at home. Yea, when I was still not at home the last few months, I used to homesick a lot. Those time shall fit in the verse. Besides, a friend had actually linked it to religion. She said, although God is not by our side, His Holy Spirit is always with us, and is always in our mind and heart. True. Indeed, lots of situations can fit in the verse. It's up to you on how to ponder it.

No comments:

Post a Comment