Pages

December 23, 2009

Bintulu

Today, I must write something. And I mean it. I had been lazy to update. I used to open a window for writing a new post, but then it was, every single time, ended up with pressing the [X] button on the top right of the window.

It's 23rd December. The past few days had been kind of busy. Let's reminisce.

I would talk on the Bintulu trip during 18th December til 20th December. It was 第二十三届砂沙汶彭城刘氏公会嘉年华会, the annual carnival of Lau's Association which was appointed to be hold in Bintulu in this particular year. I, was a representative for Sibu's Lau's, the one for the calligraphy competition.

18th December 2009. The first day.

We, my mum, my brother, and I; they went for the sake of accompanying me, haha. Well, we woke up at 6am. And, around 6:30am, my cousin fetched us to the Sibu's Lau's Association, which the building is situated somewhere at Sungai Merah. That's the site for gathering all of the participants. We took a photo before departing, by bus, to the destination, Bintulu.

~the representatives from Sibu~

Then, we departed. A tiring few hours sitting on the bus. I was sleeping most of the time though. We reached at around 12 noon. We reached straight at the hotel. It was New World Suites, quite a nice hotel.




So, we checked in, settled ourselves, and went for lunch. And, we went for shopping at Park City Mall. I was free for the first two days as my competition was held on Sunday, 20th.

the schedule for each competition.

The Bintulu Lau's Association
which is just the opposite of the hotel.


Evening. We got back to hotel and bathed, and prepared ourselves for the welcoming ceremony that night. It was held in the Civic Centre of Bintulu. We lined up according to the area we came from. There were all the Lau's people who came from different place, from Sarawak-Kuching, Sibu, Miri, Bintulu, Limbang, Sarikei, Bintangor, Sabah, and Brunei, and so that made up the 砂沙汶. Then, we went in the hall accordingly when the ceremony started. Bintulu, as the host, organized the welcoming dinner, the mean of welcoming people from different places.

queuing

欢迎宴. @the opening ceremony.

And that, the first day ended.

19th December 2009. The second day.

It was a totally free day. We can have our own activities, as I was not involved in any competition held on the day. My mum went to find her friends, and keep chatting away. I and my brother were like stayed at a side and went on our own world. Lol. Her friends brought us here and there, and ate here and there. After that, we went to find my cousin. We went on shopping again and had dinner with cousin. And, unsoundly, the second day ended when we went into our slumber land.

20th December 2009. The third day.

It was my competition day.

Calligraphy competition.

It was damn cold where the competition was hold. I was freezing until my hands were trembling. And that, I asked my mum to help me to take a jacket for me. Haha. Thanks for that. =)

Well, I got a consolation prize for the competition.




The night, we were having the farewell dinner. The three days came to its end now. Bintulu appeared to be the overall champion for the carnival. Hmm. Many doubted it, and many were unsatisfied with the result, especially us from Sibu. Sibu used to be the champion over the years. Well, no offense for it, but Bintulu won overall the subjective judging competition, for like singing competition, drawing competition. While, the objective judging competition, as badminton competition, basketball competition, they didn't manage to win. So, that's the reason for the doubting.

欢送宴 @the closing ceremony.

After the dinner ended, we came back to Sibu, again, by bus. We reached at around 1am on the 21st December. And, I went on my sweet dream.

And, it all ended.


No comments:

Post a Comment