Pages

August 4, 2011

Julyyy.

 
Time brings all things to pass. -Aeschylus. 
But it bears memory. Which you instill and store within you eternally.
But it bears bond.  Which you treasure and hold with you firmly.



July had been a very happening month. All those heartfelt moments, all those beautiful trips, all those little details, all those lovely people, they painted the wall of July pretty.

Home sweet home at the end of June, upon graduating from Intec. Home is always good with that kind of homie-feel. It always does. It looked like Sibu has been a famous tourism spot lately. This lovely place which had fed me for the past twenty years. Visiting places I'm familiar of, eating food I'm attached to. That kind of heartfelt moving sensation running through the nerves. And the company of lovely people who I am so reluctant to let go. 





Of their trips.


You tend to treasure at the end of time. Intuitively, everyone does. I paid visits to many different places and people within this very particular month. To, a portion of it, settle some forced deals; and of course, another much more big portion of it, to meet people I love, to catch up with people I care, to really cherish what I still have now. 



Flying back and forth between east and west for several times. Visiting places ranging from Nilai, down to Putrajaya, KL, PJ, Subang, Shah Alam, Klang, and crossing state border to Johore. With all kind of miscellaneous feeling, emotion. Just in case I might miss these somehow familiar places. Say, Shah Alam. Say, Sunway Pyramid. So much memory etched. So much footprints left. Two years were just significant enough for reminiscing.

Of my trips.


Much appreciation to many people throughout the many trips. Thank Ang for Klang trip. Bah Kut Teh was awesome, just as always. Thank Polycarp and Xavier for helping to move the many things of mine. Thank Auntie for Nilai stay. Thank JPA for Putrajaya visit. Thank Li Yen for the fulfilling steamboat feast. Thank ECA for the warmth, thank brothers and sisters for the welcoming love. Thank Khen and Miu for PJ stay. Thank Leonard for the succulent durian feast. And thank you for driving all the way down to Johore. Thank Yayi for the very meaningful brunch. Thank Bobby for Batu Pahat visit. Thank Yap for Johor Bahru tour. Thank Grace for going all the way from Chaah to JB, just to meet me up. Love you! Thank Andrew for the company, thank you for every this and that. Thank God for the abundant grace and blessing.

Of heartfelt gratitude.


Life is beautiful because of the unseen tomorrow. You live to look forward to every next second. Because you don't know what will happen next. But God knows it best and He has the best in store for you. My sister and I met a relative of ours, and a little bit of unbelievably found out that he will be studying in the same college as my sister. The beautiful coincidence. Had good time with them younger people anyway.

I stayed at my sister's apartment for a week or so. And know what. I met an old classmate staying exactly the same unit of apartment as my sister. Amazing huh. On my flight back to Sibu, I met another old classmate sitting just next to me on the plane. The other day I was settling my medical check-up at the hospital. And I bumped into yet another old friend of mine. Good time catching up with this childhood mate and really thanks a lot for guiding me the process of the check-up. Another day, I came to bump into a high school's closed friend at one of the shopping malls. Is Sibu really that small? Nonetheless, I had a really good time catching up with these long lost mates.

Of beautiful coincidences.


We had this neighborhood-association-dinner the other day. Instead of sitting with my family, I was assigned to be seated with some students who were receiving incentives. On behalf of my sister, I apparently turned to be one of those students. Sitting along with a friend who I have come to know since kindergarten, I came to an abrupt cognition of the cruelty of time. How time flew. Once we're still the little kids in the kindergarten and we're soon departing ways to different part of the world.


You could literally do nothing but bound to the fact of reality. Life goes on. You could as well stand up, look further and catch up with the pace of the path. 

I was leading a group of juniors hanging around the other day. Basically they are my sister and her friends who I am also intimate with. Seeing them meeting each other up despite all odds, clicking with each other, talking on respective lives, I see myself two years back then. It's the intimacy between them that inspired me. How much friends mean? They mean a lot. In my life. 


Friend is the one who you can lean on when you need a shoulder. Friend is the person who you would treasure of. Friend is the person who you feel secured with his/her presence in your life. Friend is the quiet angel in your life.

Of details that lie inside.


Emo fever had been spreading every now and then, I think. Especially at this period we called, the departing season. Because everyone has been everyone else's hardest goodbye. Because everyone is reluctant to let go of everyone else. Because everyone is in denial of the reality of farewell.


Sending people on and off, seeing people come and go, I think I had come to adapt to the fact that every hi comes with bye. We have been each other's favorite hi and hardest bye. The joy we had, the fun we had, the season we had in the sun. That is what really matter. 








So take care and all the best, friends! May the good Lord bless each and everyone of you in your journey ahead. May His grace and peace fall on you richly and that you may soar high and fly high to reach for the stars high above! And that you may lead a beautiful life and have the best out of you always. God bless you! 


But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint. -Isaiah 40:31.

No comments:

Post a Comment